- Multiple coaches and scouts in attendance for Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes‘ pro day told Matt Miller that the quarterback was unimpressive.
- Miller received a number of less-than-positive texts about Mahomes including: “Thrower, not a passer,” “forces everything,” “got some [Colin] Kaepernick to his arm” and “not sure you can teach timing and touch.“
- Miller polled six executives this week about where Mahomes will end up and four said the Chiefs while the other two mentioned the Texans.
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are also hosting Mahomes for a pre-draft visit on Friday.
- Mahomes was among the prospects that visited the Jaguars on Thursday. (Mike Kaye)
- The Patriots are working out Massachusetts S Khary Bailey-Smith on Monday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Minnesota OL Jonah Pirsig is visiting with the Packers on Friday and has previously met with the Vikings. (Darren Wolfson)
- East Central Oklahoma WR David Moore visited the Texans this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- Florida State WR Travis Rudolph worked out for and had dinner with the Dolphins. (Aaron Wilson)
- North Carolina State DT Monty Nelson is working out at Dolphins‘ local prospect workout today. (Aaron Wilson)
- Temple TE Romond DeLoatch took part in the Jets’ local day on Thursday and is doing the same for the Giants Friday. DeLoatch has also been invited to the Eagles’ local workout. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Lions worked out Ferris State OLB Brady Sheldon on Friday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Toledo S DeJuan Rogers worked out for the Lions today. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun writes that more roster cuts could be coming from the Ravens.
- To start, Zrebiec suggests rescinding the $1.79 million original-round restricted free agent tenders they used on offensive linemen James Hurst or Ryan Jensen and re-signing them to deals with lower salary cap numbers.
- Zrebiec still expects the Ravens to release veteran CB Kyle Arrington at some point, but they may wait until he can pass a physical.
- Another possibility would be to move on from veteran TE Benjamin Watson, even though Baltimore would like to him.
- John McClain believes the Texans will “definitely” take if Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, or Mitchell Trubisky if they’re still available at No. 25 overall.
- McClain mentions that Mahomes’ stock is “soaring” right now he doesn’t think he will be available to the Texans in round one.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!