- Adam Schefter said of Robert Griffin III: “If you are handicapping this today, you’re saying the Browns are the favorite to land RGIII.”
- Stephen Holder mentions that he came away with the distinct impression today that running back is higher on Colts’ draft list than previously thought.
- Kevin Bowen adds that Colts owner Jim Irsay mentioned a Darren Sproles-type of back.
- David Moore never got the sense that the Cowboys were going to consider RB Ezekiel Elliott at No. 4 overall.
- However, now that they have Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris on their roster, Moore believes there’s “no way” they’ll target Elliott in this year’s draft.
Rams GM Les Snead said they plan to consider all options in free agency and the draft in regards to safety position after they lost Rodney McLeod to the Eagles.
“We will take a look at it in the draft and definitely take a look at that position as free agency goes,” Snead said, via Nick Wagoner of ESPN. “We have always tried to attack free agency, especially this time of year, a little bit like the draft board, it’s just a delayed draft. It’s not Thursday, Friday, Saturday. We get back from this event and you all of a sudden look back on the board and you go ‘Wait a minute, that guy is still available; let’s add him.’ It’s like a fifth, sixth, seventh-round draft choice. There’s a good bit of safeties who have had play time in the NFL. So we may look at a UFA and we may also look at it in the draft and go from there.”
- Wagoner suggests Reggie Nelson as a potential free agent targets for the Rams.
- As for draft options, Wagoner mentions Boise State’s Darian Thompson or LSU’s Jalen Mills as two players who could make sense for the Rams.
- Seahawks GM John Schneider told reporters that S Kam Chancellor will definitely be on their roster in 2016. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Schneider, Garry Gilliam and Bradley Sowell would compete at left tackle as of now while J’Marcus Webb will be their right tackle. (Bob Condotta)
- Schneider also expects that Mark Glowinski will step in to J.R. Sweezy‘s guard spot, but added that more moves on offensive line could be made. (Bob Condotta)
- In regards to Marshawn Lynch, Schneider said they haven’t received his retirement papers yet. Seattle hasn’t decided whether to make a post-June 1 move for cap purposes. (Sheil Kapadia)
- Schneider mentioned that TE Jimmy Graham‘s recovery remains on course, but he added that this is a “difficult” injury. (Bob Condotta)