Here’s a running list of reports and rumors regarding the Packers’ head-coaching search. Be sure to check back for the latest updates.
- Former Colts & Lions HC Jim Caldwell (Interviewed)
- Former Colts HC Chuck Pagano (Interviewed)
- Interim HC Joe Philbin (Interviewed)
- Patriots OC Josh McDaniels (Interviewed)
- Patriots DC Brian Flores (Interviewed)
- Titans OC Matt LaFluer (interviewed)
- Saints OC Pete Carmichael Jr (interviewed)
- Former Dolphins HC Adam Gase (interviewed)
- Saints assistant HC/TEs coach Dan Campbell (interviewed)
- Northwestern HC Pat Fitzgerald (Declined)
- Steelers OL Coach Mike Munchak (Requested)
- Buccaneers OC Todd Monken (Scheduled)
- According to Tom Silverstein, the Packers are still hopeful they can interview Northwestern HC Pat Fitzgerald for their head-coaching job, despite his comments about staying where he is. Silverstein admits that it will be tough for the Packers to convince Fitzgerald to leave his alma mater and it could take an offer of $8 – $9 million per year to convince him to move on. If the Packers were to hire Fitzgerald, Silverstein mentions Chiefs QBs coach Mike Kafka, who played for Fitzgerald, as someone worth watching.
- Adam Schefter reports that the Packers are expected to request an interview with Northwestern HC Pat Fitzgerald for their head-coaching job after the Wildcats bowl game on Monday. However, a source tells Schefter that it’s unclear whether Fitzgerald would interview for the Packers’ job.
- Ian Rapoport reports that while Packers interim HC Joe Philbin will get an interview for the full-time job, it would be a surprise if he was hired. Rapoport says the Packers could interview as many as 10-12 candidates and then bring back three or so for final interviews. Sources have told Rapoport that Northwestern HC Pat Fitzgerald is expected to be one of the Packers’ targets with Josh McDaniels also a name to watch in Green Bay.
- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, Northwestern HC Pat Fitzgerald is the name most prominently connected to the Packers’ head-coaching vacancy. Packers president Mark Murphy actually hired Fitzgerald at Northwestern, so there are clear ties between the two.
- Albert Breer recently mentioned that it would take a lot for Fitzgerald to consider leaving Northwestern and he “wouldn’t count on it” happening.