The New England Patriots made several roster moves on Saturday ahead of their Week 8 matchup with the Bills, according to Mike Reiss.
The full list of moves for the Patriots includes:
- Patriots placed WR Julian Edelman and OL Justin Herron on injured reserve.
- Patriots activated LB Josh Uche and S Cody Davis from injured reserve.
- Patriots signed DT Nick Thurman to their active roster.
- Patriots promoted WR Isaiah Zuber and DE Tashawn Bower to their active roster.
- Patriots activated RB Sony Michel from the COVID-19 list, but he remains on injured reserve.
It’s worth mentioning that the NFL changed the rules regarding injured reserve for the 2020 season and players can return from the list in just three weeks.
Zuber and Bower will revert back to the Patriots’ practice squad on Monday without having to clear waivers.
Edelman, 34, is a former seventh-round pick of the Patriots back in 2009. He was entering the final year of his four-year, $17 million contract when the Patriots to a two-year extension worth up to $18 million last year.
Edelman stands to make a base salary of $3,300,000 for the 2020 season.
In 2020, Edelman has appeared in six games for the Patriots and caught 21 passes for 315 yards receiving and no touchdowns. He has also rushed twice for 22 yards.