Seahawks Release QB Trevone Boykin Following Domestic Violence Allegations



The Seattle Seahawks announced the release of QB Trevone Boykin shortly after the news of the domestic violence allegations surfaced this morning.

Boykin has since issued the following statement denying that he was involved in a physical altercation:

“I understand the Seahawks decision to release me. The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization and on me. I want to be clear that the story is false. The police have taken statements from the accuser, another witness and me. All of these statements confirm that I was not involved in the physical altercation. This woman has lied about me and it has cost me my job. I know guilt by association is real. This person has fabricated a story and I am suffering the consequences. I will let the legal system run its course and I know I will be vindicated.

[divider style=”solid” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]

According to Kevin Reece of WFAA, former Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin is being investigated by police in Mansfield, Texas for serious allegations of domestic violence involving his girlfriend, Shabrika Bailey.

Bailey tells WFAA that she was at Boykins’ home in Mansfield last Tuesday night when they began to argue over a text message he wanted to see on her phone.

So he goes into a choke. I remember him choking me and I’m trying to calm him down. And I just couldn’t. And I blacked out. I just couldn’t calm him down at all,” Bailey told WFAA. “The pressure was just hard. The pressure got hard to where I just remember just collapsing completely. And I just woke up in a puddle of blood on the kitchen floor. My whole right side was full of blood on the kitchen floor.”

According to Bailey, Boykin eventually dragged her to a bathtub, took her clothes off and tried to clean her up before driving her to Dallas Regional Medical Center in Mesquite. However, Boykin later fled the hospital after staff began asking them questions once separated.

Bailey suffered a broken jaw on both her left and right sides and had to be airlifted to a hospital in Dallas for further treatment because she was having difficulty breathing from a swollen and constricted airway.

Boykin is now being investigated by police.

Last year, Boykin was arrested after he was involved in an incident in which a car ran into a bar in Dallas. Seven people standing on the sidewalk were hit on and taken to a hospital with injuries that included a broken ankle and a dislocated arm.

Boykin was arrested for possession of more than two ounces of marijuana and public intoxication. Beyond that, Boykin was charged with violating his probation from a prior arrest in 2015.

Boykin, 24, wound up going undrafted out of TCU back in May of last year. He was in the second year of his three-year, $1.62 million contract and set to make base salaries of $540,000 and $630,000 over the next two years when the Seahawks waived Boykin as they cut their roster down to 53 players.

The Seahawks later signed Boykin to their practice squad. Seattle re-signed Boyking to a futures contract back in January.

in 2016, Boykin appeared in six games for the Seahawks and threw for 145 yards while completing 13 of 18 pass attempts (72.2 percent) to go along with one touchdown and one interception.