The Houston Texans announced on Monday they have finalized their coaching staff for the 2022 season under new HC Lovie Smith.
Introducing our 2022 coaching staff 😎
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) February 21, 2022
The full list of coaches includes:
- OC Pep Hamilton
- ST Coordinator Frank Ross
- Assistant ST coach Sean Baker
- RB coach Danny Barrett
- TE coach Tim Berbenich
- Defensive assistant Ben Bolling
- DL coach Jacques Cesaire
- Safeties coach Joe Danna
- Defensive assistant/nickel coach Ilir Emini
- Defensive assistant Dele Harding
- Assistant OL coach Hal Hunter
- Assistant DL coach Kenyon Jackson
- WR coach/Pass game coordinator Ben McDaniels
- Offensive assistant DeNarius McGhee
- Offensive assistant Robbie Picazo
- LB coach Miles Smith
- CB coach Dino Vasso
- OL coach George Warhop
- QB coach/offensive assistant Ted White
Hamilton, 47, began his coaching career as the QBs coach at Howard back in 1997. He spent five years at Howard and worked his way to offensive coordinator before taking his first NFL coaching job with the Jets in 2003 as an offensive quality control coach.
Hamilton had stints with the 49ers and Bears before he was hired by Jim Harbaugh as Stanford’s quarterbacks coach for the 2006 season. From there, he spent three years with the Colts as their offensive coordinator before being replaced after the 2015 season.
He was the assistant head coach/QBs coach for the Browns in 2016 and returned to Harbaugh’s staff at Michigan in 2017. From there, Hamilton served as the head coach and general manager for the XFL’s DC Defenders before being hired by the Chargers as a QB coach.
He joined the Texans in the same capacity in 2021.