“Absolutely I would love to come home,” Moore told McClure of returning to Atlanta.
Moore added that he’s just trying to stay ready for the next opportunity whenever it comes.
“I just stay ready,” Moore said. “This is my first time going through this process. Everything happens for a reason, but nothing has changed for me.
“My health is great. I haven’t had absolutely any issues working out and staying in shape. You look at my past injuries, it’s ankles and stuff that heal up. I’m blessed that I’ve never had any serious issues like blown knees.”
The Falcons got some disappointing news Friday, as first-round S Keanu Neal is expected to miss 3-4 weeks after undergoing a scope on his knee.
Unfortunately, Falcons HC Dan Quinn said Friday that they are not considering Moore at this time.
Moore previously worked out for the Patriots back in May, but wasn’t signed to a contract.
Moore, 31, is a former second-round pick of the Falcons back in 2009. He spent seven years in Atlanta and was entering the fourth year of his five-year, $29.512 million contract when he was cut him loose this back in February.
In 2015, Moore appeared in 11 games and recording 51 tackles, two interceptions, a forced fumble and four pass defenses for the Falcons. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 54 safety out of 88 qualifying players.