“I had people calling me yesterday that the Browns and Eagles would get the deal done,” said Schefter. “Of course, the deal came together and got done.
“The same people that were telling me that, three of them, told me that San Fransisco and Kapernick are going to have to end in a divorce. Most people believe that is a difficult relationship to have to continue. They’re going to have to move him and if they have to move him, there is only one logical landing spot.”
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that the Jets and Broncos should call the Eagles about QB Sam Bradford now that Philadelphia has positioned themselves to take a quarterback at No. 2 overall.
- Florio mentions that a team could acquire Bradford on a two-year, $24 million deal, considering that the Eagles have already paid him his $11 million signing bonus.
- Jason Cole reports that the Panthers actually came close to not using the franchise tag on CB Josh Norman before the start of free agency.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Steelers are not pursing Norman, despite previous reports.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Norman has hired agent Ryan Williams of Athletes First to take lead on his next contract. Norman will be co-repped by Michael George.
- According to Jason Cole, there have been rumors about failed drug tests at this year’s Combine. However, NFL teams have yet to receive the results from the league.
- Cole adds that one rumor going around right now includes a likely first-round pick, who failed a drug test at the Combine.
- Matt Miller is becoming “more and more convinced” that Houston’s William Jackson III will be the second cornerback taken after Jalen Ramsey.