Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys, Dolphins
NFL Notes: Adrian Peterson, Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys, Dolphins
- Chris Tomasson writes that the Patriots could be an option for RB Adrian Peterson since Peterson’s father said, “If it’s New England, then New England” regarding his son wanting to join a Super Bowl contender.
- Ed Werder believes it “makes sense” for Peterson to go to the Raiders since RB Latavius Murray is entering the open market and the team has a commitment to the run game.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN reports that the Browns will not tender a contract to RFA RB Glenn Winston.
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns could have preliminary discussions at the NFL Combine about trading for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Cabot insists that a trade would be contingent on a long-term deal being in place for Garoppolo.
- Cabot believes that the Redskins placing the exclusive franchise tag on Kirk Cousins could prevent the 49ers from trading for him, which could lead to the 49ers gaining more interest in acquiring Garoppolo.
- Cabot expects Garoppolo’s price to be high if the Bears also show interest in him. In the end, the Browns would likely have to trade the No. 12 overall pick to the Patriots for Garoppolo.
- According to Adam Caplan, Chiefs RB C.J. Spiller‘s one-year contract with Kansas City is worth $980,000 and includes $55,000 bonus if he is on the active roster for Week 1 of the regular season.
- Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said the team would like to re-sign backup QB Kellen Moore: “We’re very comfortable with him and what he brings to the QB room. Hopefully we can get him re-signed,” via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News.
- Jones also said that he does not expect the Cowboys to pursue “other teams players“, meaning they may not be active in free agency or the trade market. (Jane Slater)
- Jones would not comment on RB Adrian Peterson‘s future since he is still with the Vikings. With that, Machota writes that Peterson “is not” in the Cowboys’ future.
- The Cowboys believe LB Jaylon Smith (knee) can play with a knee brace in his current condition and expect him to contribute in 2017 . (Jane Slater)
- Jones went on to say that RT Doug Free (foot) will continue to start next season. However, he indicated that G La’El Collins could play right tackle if needed. (Jon Machota)
- Regarding Tony Romo‘s future with the team, Jones said that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will meet with him “sooner rather than later,” per Jane Slater.
- According to Machota, the Cowboys have no definitive plans of meeting with Romo while at the NFL Combine this week.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that Dolphins impending free agent DE Andre Branch could have a higher market value than what Miami wants to pay him since he is just 27-years old and there is a limited market for starting-caliber defensive ends.
- Jackson names six possible defensive end options for the Dolphins through free agency, including the Cardinals’ Calais Campbell, Patriots’ Jabaal Sheard, Panthers’ Charles Johnson, Buccaneers’ William Gholston, Lions’ Devin Taylor, and the Saints’ Paul Kruger.
- Although Jackson has a hard time seeing the Dolphins pursuing an outside linebacker with defensive end experience because of their failed project with Mario Williams, he mentions DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers, and Nick Perry as intriguing options.
- In the end, Jackson believes the Dolphins must sign two or three defensive ends.
Tags Adrian Peterson Andre Branch C.J. Spiller Calais Cambell Charles Johnson Demarcus Ware Devin Taylor Doug Free Glenn Winston Jabaal Sheard Jaylon Smith Jerry Jones Jimmy Garoppolo julius peppers Kellen Moore Kirk Cousins La'el Collins La'Roi Glover Mario Williams Nick Perry Paul Kruger Stephen Jones Tony Romo William Gholston