49ers OL Anthony Davis was asked if he wanted to clear up the retirement talk from this past weekend.
“No, just leave it and let it fester,” Davis said, per Cam Inman.
David did, however, refer to the situation as a “miscommunication” much like HC Chip Kelly did.
Chargers WR Keenan Allen wrote a letter to fans regarding his season-ending ACL injury.
“This was tough. I felt numb inside when it happened,” Allen said of the injury. “Right now I’m not feeling as bad, but this is obviously tough. I’m just waiting on surgery, which I’ll have next week.”
He added: “I’m going to come back stronger than ever.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that there was a thought that Chargers first-round DE Joey Bosa’s hamstring injury could linger.
- Bosa was not able to practice on Wednesday, and Rapoport says that he’s “iffy for Sunday.“
- Dolphins RB Arian Foster is nursing a hamstring injury, which leaves Jay Ajayi as the only back who hasn’t had a hamstring issue up to this point. (Omar Kelly)
- Ian Rapoport says that Foster’s injury sounds like “veteran soreness” and it’s likely just a minor issue.
- While no team has brought in former Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman for a workout, Troy Renck mentions that the Jets had “mild interest” in him during training camp.