- ESPN’s Adam Caplan (video link) mentions that it would take “at least a first-round pick and more compensation” for the Vikings to even consider the idea of trading RB Adrian Peterson.
- Caplan adds that the Vikings want to add a starting cornerback, which means trading Peterson could require a first and second-round pick.
- Florida State DL Eddie Goldman has met with the 49ers, Lions, Patriots, Jaguars, and Browns, while working out for the Panthers. (Aaron Wilson)
- Connecticut CB Byron Jones has visited with the Cardinals, Cowboys, Eagles, Bills, 49ers, and Bears. (Aaron Wilson)
- Adam Caplan reports that Penn State OT Donovan Smith is visiting with the Browns.
Bob Glauber of Newsday, citing two people familiar with the Buccaneers’ situation, reports that they will listen seriously to trade offers for the No. 1 pick.
Glauber’s sources said the Bucs have let it be known in recent weeks that they are at least willing to listen to trade offers.
- ESPN’s Pat Yasinskas writes that Utah DE Nate Orchard could be a target for the Buccaneers in round two.
- Even after the Buccaneers signed DE George Johnson away from the Lions, Yasinskas still believes Tampa Bay needs a top-notch outside rusher.
- According to Yasinskas, the Bucs need to consider drafting an offensive lineman in the second or third round, and may need to come away from the draft with two offensive linemen.
- Paul Kuharsky writes that another bad year for the Titans could ultimately cost HC Ken Whisenhunt his job.
- Kuharsky mentions that it would be better for the Titans to keep WR Justin Hunter, whom they used a second-round pick on not long ago, rather than the trade him for a late-round pick.