Suspended Cardinals LB Daryl Washington tells Mike Jurecki of 910 Fox Sports that he’s “optimistic” about being reinstated by the NFL.
“I’m optimistic moving forward when it comes to being reinstated in 2017,” Washington said.
Washington has been out of the league since May of 2014 when he was suspended indefinitely for violating the substance abuse policy.
According to OverTheCap.com, releasing will free up $4,670,000 in available cap space while creating $2.5 million in dead money.
- Darren Urban feels confident in saying that the Cardinals have moved on from Washington and he doesn’t expect him to be reinstated by the NFL.
- Jason La Canfora writes that while Patriots personnel man Nick Caserio did not meet with the 49ers over the weekend for their GM vacancy, he wouldn’t completely rule out him talking to the 49ers at some point, depending on how things progress with their search.
- La Canfora adds that the 49ers “very much covet” Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.
- Jason La Canfora continues to hear that things are moving quickly between the Broncos and Dolphins DC Vance Joseph. However, La Canfora reports that Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan had a great meeting with the Broncos and “gave them some pause.”
- Here’s head-coaching tracker for the Broncos with the latest news and rumors: (NFLTR)
- Alex Marvez reports that the Jaguars are keeping DC Todd Walsh and LBs coach Robert Saleh in place on Doug Marrone’s staff. Marvez adds that other defensive coaches could be staying too.
- A source tells Ryan O’Halloran of Tom Coughlin’s duties with the Jaguars: “Would think he has the final say on everything.“
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Rams GM Les Snead’s situation in Los Angeles remains “tenuous” and his role with the team will ultimately depend on who’s hired as their next head coach.
- Jason La Canfora would be “shocked” if the Rams don’t hire an offensive-minded head coach and mentions that Redskins OC Sean McVay remains a name to watch for that job.
- Here’s head-coaching tracker for the Rams with the latest news and rumors: (NFLTR)