Nolan Clay of the Oklahoman reports that the Oklahoma Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled that the surveillance video of Sooner RB Joe Mixon punch a girl in the face must be released.
Mixon punched an Oklahoma student, Amelia Molitor, in the face back in 2014 and was suspended from the football team for a season.
Molitor suffered fractured bones in her face from the incident and is currently suing Mixon in Oklahoma City federal court. Mixon recently offered an apology to Molitor, his teammates and fans.
Mixon is considered to be one of the most talented running backs in next year’s draft class. However, this incident will surely impact his draft status and could lead to several teams taking him off their draft boards altogether.
- Jenna Laine of ESPN reports that Buccaneers DE William Gholston was seen on crutches and wearing a walking boot after Sunday’s win over Chargers.
- Sources tell Laine that Gholston is dealing with an ankle sprain.
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said Tuesday that he’s “optimistic” WR Jeremy Maclin (groin) will be able to play against the Raiders on Sunday. According to Reid, Maclin will be a full participant at practice today. (BJ Kissel)
- David Newton mentions that Panthers LB Luke Kuechly (concussion) will be evaluated again on Wednesday to see if he can return to practice.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera hasn’t given any indication of possible plans to shut Kuechly down for the season, despite the fact that Carolina is close to being eliminated from playoff contention.
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin told reporters Tuesday that K Chris Boswell has “legitimate” chance to play against the Bills in Week 14. (Gerry Dulac)
- Tomlin also mentioned that NT Javon Hargrave and S Shamarko Thomas are in the concussion protocol.