- Ian Rapoport reports that the DUI case against Florida State CB P.J. Williams has been dismissed.
- Williams case was dismissed after the video of the incident didn’t corroborate the claims made by the officer that he had shown signs of impairment, per Rapoport.
Jason La Canfora spoke to an NFL scout who believes there are only five top-tier players in this year’s draft class.
This group consists of: USC DL Leonard Williams, Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler, Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray, WVU Kevin White, and Alabama WR Amari Cooper.
- According to Lance Zierlein, it’s very possible that Oregon OT Jake Fisher could be drafted ahead of Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi.
- Ian Rapoport mentions Oklahoma’s Jordan Phillips and Mississippi State’s Preston Smith as two defensive linemen that could sneak into the back end of round one.
Buccaneers GM Jason Licht tells Steve Wyche of NFL.com that more than one NFL team has contacted them regarding the No. 1 overall pick.
Licht said that the calls were “feeling out what it would take” to acquire the pick.
“Everything is for sale,” Licht added.
- Redskins GM Scot McCloughan told reporters on Monday: “If we get to the 5th pick and the best player is a quarterback, we’re taking a quarterback.” (Albert Breer)
- According to McCloughan, they haven’t received any offers for QB Kirk Cousins. (Dianna Marie Russini)
- McCloughan said that they are having on-going discussions with LT Trent Williams and OLB Ryan Kerrigan regarding contract extensions. Although, nothing is imminent right now. (Tarik El-Bashir)
- Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean doesn’t see the Titans taking USC DL Leonard Williams with the No. 2 overall pick.
- Wyatt believes the most likely move for the Titans is to remain at No. 2 and select Oregon QB Marcus Mariota or Florida Sate QB Jameis Winston.