ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Dolphins and Adam Gase are making progress, but slight issues remain. If they can get these details ironed out today, Gase would become Dolphins next head coach.
Ian Rapoport reports that Gase’s second in Miami is “sounding more like a coronation.” Rapoport adds that there has been a lot of momentum moving forward for him being the Dolphins next head coach.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Dolphins have already scheduled a second interview with Bears OC Adam Gase. Schefter adds that this is the only Dolphins’ candidate to be scheduled for follow up interview.
- Jason La Canfora could see the Dolphins making Gase an offer this weekend.
- Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reports that there is “growing momentum” in the Dolphins building for Gase to become their next head coach.
- According to Beasley, Gase has always been high on owner Stephen Ross’ list, and there’s some within the building who believe he could be hired as soon as this weekend.
- Beasley adds that Gase, Bengals OC Hue Jackson, Jaguars assistant HC Doug Marrone, and Mike Shanahan are considered the top tier of candidates in the Dolphins’ search.
- Armando Salguero reports that Bengals OC Hue Jackson does not expect to meet with the Dolphins now that they appear to be close to hiring Gase.
The Dolphins have already interviewed Shanahan, Marrone, interim HC Dan Campbell, Mike Smith, Lions DC Teryl Austin, and Bills RBs coach/assistant HC Anthony Lynn.
Other speculative candidates for the job that have been mentioned include:
- Tom Coughlin
- Steelers OC Todd Haley
- UCLA HC Jim Mora
We’ll have more regarding the Dolphins’ head-coaching job as the news is available.
- Mark Maske reported that there is no expectation for an immediate agreement between the Dolphins and Bears OC Adam Gase.
- Armando Salguero writes that the only way interim HC Dan Campbell attains a promotion to become the Dolphins’ full-time head coach is if he is able to bring in a “highly experienced and impressive” offensive and defensive coordinator.
- According to Salguero, Miami is set to interview Campbell for their head-coaching vacancy this Friday
- Salguero reported that Jaguars assistant HC Doug Marrone will interview on Friday, while Bengals OC Hue Jackson will be interviewed on Sunday.
- Dolphins announced that they have interviewed Bears OC Adam Gase on Thursday.
- According to Rand Getlin, Miami is making a “strong, potentially pervasive push” to hire Gase.
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports previously reported that the Dolphins could move quickly to hire Gase as their next head coach if they end up being “blown away” during their meeting with the Bears offensive coordinator.
- Robinson adds that this would prevent Gase from interviewing for the Eagles’ job a second time in the past week.
- Jason La Canfora reported last night that the Dolphins are making a “strong, strong push” to hire Gase as their next head coach and have “locked on” hiring him for a while now.
- Albert Breer reports that the Dolphins requested permission to speak with Buccaneers OC Dirk Koetter, who is widely considered to be the No. 1 candidate for the Buccaneers new head-coaching job.
Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that an immediate agreement between the Dolphins and Bears OC Adam Gase is not expected following his interview with the team on Friday.
Maske adds that Gase is now scheduled to meet with the Giants next.
According to Armando Salguero, the Dolphins will interview interim HC Dan Campbell and Jaguars assistant HC Doug Marrone on Friday.
In addition, Salguero reports that Miami’s staff will travel to Cincinnati to interview Bengals OC Hue Jackson on Sunday.
The Dolphins announced that they have completed their interview with Bears OC Adam Gase regarding their head-coaching vacancy.
At this point, Gase appears to be the favorite head-coaching contender among the Dolphin’s front office, as there have been multiple reports within the last 24 hours that Miami is looking to come to an agreement with him.
Rand Getlin of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins a making a “strong, potentially persuasive push” to hire Bears OC Adam Gase as their next head coach.
This if the third reporter to mention as much in the past 24 hours, so there appears to be something to the idea that an agreement could be in place at some point in the future.
The Miami Dolphins announced that they’ve completed their interview with Bills RBs coach/assistant HC Anthony Lynn on Wednesday.
- Albert Breer reports that the Dolphins will interview Bengals OC Hue Jackson on Sunday following their playoff game against the Steelers.
- Rand Getlin reports that the Dolphins will interview Bears OC Adam Gase on Thursday.
- Getlin adds that Jaguars assistant HC Doug Marrone will interview with the team on Wednesday.
The Dolphins have already interviewed Mike Smith, Lions DC Teryl Austin and Mike Shanahan in recent days. They’ll also meet with interim HC Dan Campbell at some point.
The Miami Dolphins announced that they have completed interviews with Lions DC Teryl Austin and Mike Shanahan on Tuesday.
- Armando Salguero of Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins will interview Jaguars assistant HC Doug Marrone and interim HC Dan Campbell on Friday.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins interest in former Falcons HC Mike Smith is “very real.”
- According to Rapoport, the Dolphins have been doing background work with his former players and coaches.
- Jeff Darlington of NFL Media reports that Dolphins executives Mike Tannenbaum and new GM Chris Grier are currently on to Newark to meet owner Steve Ross in New York for head coach interviews.
- According to Darlington, they’ve already wrapped up their interview with former Falcons HC Mike Smith and are scheduled to meet with Mike Shanahan and Lions DC Teryl Austin on Tuesday.
- Darlington adds that the Dolphins have also requested an interview with Bengals OC Hue Jackson.
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are interviewing former Falcons HC Mike Smith for their head-coaching vacancy on Monday.
Following the news that Tom Coughlin has stepped down as Giants’ head coach, and that he’ll consider other opportunities to coach again, Jeff Darlington mentions that the Dolphins should consider the idea of hiring him as their next head coach.
Darlington adds that Miami is in need of “culture change,” which is something Coughlin could bring to the franchise.
Jason La Canfora believes Coughlin could end up being the biggest fish in this coaching pond, but he doesn’t see him taking a rebuilding job.
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Dolphins have requested permission to interview Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and DC Matt Patricia along with Bills assistant HC Anthony Lynn for their head-coaching vacancy.
The Dolphins are obviously casting a wide net in regards to their head coach search. As of now, the pool of potential candidates includes:
Rand Getlin reports that the Dolphins are scheduled to interview Jaguars assistant head coach Doug Marrone in the coming days.
- Marrone also has an interview scheduled with the Browns.
Alex Marvez reports that the Dolphins are bringing former Broncos and Redskins HC Mike Shanahan for an interview on Tuesday.
Shanahan is clearly looking to get back in the NFL, and has reportedly shown interest in the 49ers’ and Eagles’ jobs as well.
According to Albert Breer, the Dolphins have also shown interest in Steelers OC Todd Haley, but won’t be able to interview him until next week.
The Dolphins plan to interview interim HC Dan Campbell for the position in the near future.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Dolphins will interview Bears OC Adam Gase on Thursday after he meets with the Eagles and Browns.
The list of candidates being mentioned in connection with the Dolphins’ head-coaching job include: Lions DC Teryl Austin, Jaguars assistant coach Doug Marrone, Jim Mora, Mike Shanahan, Mike Smith, and Buccaneers OC Dirk Koetter.
Gase was expected to be a top coaching candidate last year, and while he did interview for a few jobs, he wound up accepting an offensive coordinator role with the Bears after teams went in different directions.
This season, Gase has done a really impressive job with the Bears’ offense and has Jay Cutler playing much better than anyone anticipated.
Josina Anderson reports that Lions DC Teryl Austin will interview for the Dolphins and Browns in the coming days.
Anderson reports that Austin’s preference is to interview with the Dolphins first. However, nothing is set in stone at this point in time.
Previous reports have said that Austin is among the candidates who will interview for the Browns’ head-coaching vacancy.
Last year, Austin was hot coordinator, but even though he met with a few teams including the Falcons, he wound up being a contingency option once they got word that Dan Quinn was interested in their job.
Austin has done a great job with the Lions defense and is well respected.