- Tom James reports that the Colts were negotiating with the representatives for Saints HC Sean Payton while talks with Chuck Pagano were happening.
- However, talks with Paytons reps reportedly broke down, according to James.
- Ultimately, the Colts elected to keep Pagano and sign him to a four-year extension.
Cowboys QB Tony Romo made it clear that he has no issue with the team drafting a quarterback if they believe that’s what best for them.
“We’re going to evaluate everybody and the organization is going to look at who to take and they’re going to take the best player,” Romo said, via Todd Archer of ESPN.com. “If the best player there is a quarterback, then that’s what our team needs. Our team needs good players. That’s what we need. And if it’s the best player at a different position, . . . I’m just obviously a player on the football team and I don’t have to make those decisions, and I’m glad.
“My job is go out and get better and make sure this team wins next year. And I’m going to do everything in my power to ensure that.”
- Mike Reiss suggests that Patriots LB Jamie Collins could target a similar deal to that of Seahawks MLB Bobby Wagner, who signed a four-year, $43 million extension last year.
- Reiss believes it would be a win-win for Collins and the Patriots.