Home Bengals NFL Notes: Bengals, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, & Jaguars
- Tony Grossi reports that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam offered former Indians GM Mark Shapiro a top level job last summer, but Shapiro declined.
- Cardinals signed Taylor Boggs, Valerian Ume-Ezeoke, Mike Reilly, and Tyrequek Zimmerman to future/reserve contracts.
- Michael Gehlken reports that the the Chargers have discussed the possibility of HC Mike McCoy calling the offensive plays in 2016.
- According to Gehlken, bringing back Ken Whisenhunt as their offensive coordinator is an option for the Chargers.
- Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell said that QB Blake Bortles has a broken thumb on his non-throwing hand.
- Interestingly enough, Caldwell said of HC Gus Bradley: “I don’t hold Gus responsible for the first two years.”
- Caldwell told reporters that finding an elite free safety could be harder than finding a franchise quarterback. (John Oesher)
- Caldwell said that DT Sen’Derrick Marks (torn triceps) should come back and be 100 percent this offseason.
- Caldwell believes Luke Joeckel can be their long-term solution at left tackle.