- Nick Korte of OverTheCap.com has a great article up looking at each team’s chances of earning compensatory picks next year after this year’s free agent period.
- According to Korte, the four teams best positioned to recoup comp picks for their free agents are the Bengals, Chiefs, Seahawks, and Broncos.
- Bill Barnwell of ESPN believes the Cowboys should designation veteran CB Brandon Carr as a post-June 1 release. This move would free up $9.1 million in cap space as of June 1 while creating just $4.717 million in dead money, according to OverTheCap.com.
- Barnwell also suggests that the Cowboys should pass on trading for RB DeMarco Murray, in the event the Eagles reach out them regarding a potential deal.
- Barnwell points out that Dallas would be on the hook for $7 million in guaranteed money for the 2016 season, and there are other ways they can make better use of this money.
- One option the Cowboys should consider, according to Barnwell, is to sign Redskins free agent RB Alfred Morris.
- If Dallas wants to add a backup quarterback, Barnwell believes someone like Drew Stanton or Tarvaris Jackson would make much more sense than Johnny Manziel.
- Interestingly enough, Barnwell suggests Aldon Smith and Jason Pierre-Paul as two defensive end targets for the Cowboys.
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN writes that the more he thinks about it, the more Matt Forte makes sense for the Packers.
- Demovsky points out that Forte would be a perfect fit in the Packers power-run scheme out of a zone system.
- Beyond that, Forte could be an upgrade in the screen game and would be a great option in the Packers’ three-receiver sets.
- Plus, they wouldn’t have to commit to using him as a featured back and go with Eddie Lacy in certain situations.
- David Newton expects the Panthers to re-sign Joe Webb, due to his ability to play quarterback, wide receiver and contribute on special teams.
- Newton can see the Panthers bringing back FB Mike Tolbert, but admits that it will come down to his asking price.
- Newton writes it could be tough for them to re-sign veteran WR Jerico Cotchery. Instead, they could give Stephen Hill an extended look.
- Amini Silatolu could be brought back, according to Newton, even though he’s struggled to stay healthy.
- Newton believes Carolina needs to find a long-term solution at defensive end, which could lead to them parting ways with Charles Johnson if they can’t rework his current deal.
- As for veteran DE Jared Allen, Newton thinks it’s unlikely he’ll be brought back for another season. The same can said for CB Charles Tillman, according to Newton.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!