According to Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, Louisiana Tech QB Jeff Driskel boosted his draft stock enough during the Senior Bowl that he could be selected from the second to fourth round.
Wilson adds that Driskel met with roughly 25 of 32 NFL teams in Mobile, Ala.
“I don’t remember a meeting that didn’t go well,” Driskel said. “They just want to know your story and hear it from you. They want to hear what happened in the past and get to know you.”
The San Francisco 49ers announced organizational changes for several team executives on Thursday.
- Al Guido – President
- Paraag Marathe – Chief Strategy Officer and Executive VP of Football Operations
- Ethan Casson – Chief Operating Officer
- Brano Perkovich – Chief Investment Officer
- Hannah Gordon – General Counsel
- Scott Sabatino – Chief Financial Officer
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins decision to begin working on a new contract for DE Cameron Wake and possibly restructure DT Ndamukong Suh‘s contract are likely to create cap room to either franchise DE Olivier Vernon or sign him to an extension.
- With this in mind, Salguero doesn’t see the Dolphins allowing Vernon to sign with another team in the coming weeks. In the end, Salguero could see Vernon receiving $14-$15 million per year in his next contract.
- As for Wake, Salguero suggests a one- or two-year extension that could include a a signing bonus of around $10-$12 million.
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle tells Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com that he believes the Texans are tired of starting “retread” quarterbacks and will instead target a quarterback in the draft.
“They want to draft [a quarterback] in the first round. They’re tired of using retreads,” McClain said. “They played five this year, started four. Last year they played four and started three. So they need a quarterback, and they want one that they can develop.”
McClain specifically mentioned Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg as someone to keep an eye on for the Texans.
“I think Christian Hackenberg is going to end up being reunited with Bill O’Brien,” McClain said. “I think that’s going to be their quarterback. I think O’Brien loves the guy. I don’t know that, but I just think he does based on what I’ve heard.”
- McClain also added that Sam Bradford is unlikely to be an option for Houston, saying: “People that think Bradford is coming here, chances are they’re going to be mistaken.”
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!