- Jason Cole of B/R mentions that this could be a “critical week” for Michigan State QB Connor Cook because he’s viewed a somewhat selfish player and not a leader.
- A few executives have told Cole that they view Cook as a prospect with a first-round arm, but a third-round personality.
- Cole adds that interviews will be a big key for Cook at the Combine, as this will give him an opportunity to show teams this is a false image.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Seahawks free agent RB Fred Jackson wants to continue his career.
- Jackson, 35, is in line to be an unrestricted free agent in the coming weeks.
Ed Werder of ESPN reported Monday that the Cowboys’ coaching staff doesn’t view QB Robert Griffin III’s skill set as a good fit for their offensive scheme.
“Not a lot of people in Dallas think he’s a great fit in Jason Garrett’s offense, and I’m told that Scott Linehan, the offensive coordinator, is really not a fan of RGIII’s and doesn’t think he would excel with what the Cowboys would ask him to do,” Werder said, via Pro Football Talk.
- A team source tells Ed Werder that “no final decision” has been made regarding the Cowboys moving on from impending free agent DE Greg Hardy.
- According to Mike Reiss of ESPN, restricted free agent FB James Develin is part of the Patriots’ offseason plans and they’re interested in re-signing him.
- Reiss mentions that the Pats are willing to tender Develin at the lowest level, it run them $1.6 million on a one-year deal. However, this could open the door for an extension if this is the kind of salary they’re willing to offer him.