- Cal QB Jared Goff said he’d be “absolutely” happy to be drafted by the Browns and willing to play for anyone. (Scott Petrak)
- Arkansas QB Brandon Allen, whose hand was measured at 8 1/2 at Senior Bowl, improved his measurements to 8 7/8 inches by stretching and massage exercises. (Bruce Feldman)
- Notre Dame WR Will Fuller had an informal meeting with the Falcons last night and has a formal meeting with the Falcons scheduled. (Vaughn McClure)
New 49ers HC Chip Kelly told reporters on Thursday that every time he has spoken with QB Colin Kaepernick, there has never been any indication that he doesn’t want to be back in San Francisco.
“He wants to be here,” said Kelly, via Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area. “He’s never expressed to me that he doesn’t want to be here. He expressed to me that he was excited about getting healthy and getting going. And we’re excited about him getting healthy and getting going.”
Kelly added that he’s excited to work with Kaepernick.
“I don’t know what the narrative is that, ‘Is he on the team? Is he not on the team?’” Kelly said. “It’s never been a question. I’m excited to work with Colin. I’ve never thought that, ‘Hey, I’m going to go to San Francisco and he’s not going to be there.’ I don’t know why everybody else looks at it that way, either.”
- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht confirmed that he met with Doug Martin‘s agent, Brian Murphy, on Wednesday at the Combine, but no agreement will be reached in Indy. (Rick Stroud)
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Packers are expected to be in the free agent market for a “complementary receiver.”
Ravens HC John Harbaugh said he would be “surprised and disappointed” if they can’t get new deal done with QB Joe Flacco.
“That’s easy for me to say because I’m not doing the deal,” Harbaugh said, per Jamison Hensley.
- Regarding the report that they’re close to signing RB Trent Richardson, Harbaugh said that “it’s in the works“, but nothing definite right now. (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh said he still views RB Justin Forsett as part of the team in 2016., and not a cap casualty. (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh added the tight end position is now a priority now after Crockett Gillmore underwent surgery on both shoulders and Nick Boyle has been suspended 10 games. (Jamison Hensley)