- Per WGR 550’s Sal Capaccio, Bills GM Brandon Beane doesn’t anticipate Buffalo trying to recoup the first-round pick it traded away for WR Stefon Diggs: “I don’t anticipate us at all trying to get back up into the first round. Not something I’m even contemplating right now.”
- Beane revealed he’s had discussions regarding potential extensions with the agent for Bills OT Dion Dawkins and LB Matt Milano, including a potential timeline, but didn’t offer any more specifics. (Capaccio)
- New Bills OL Evan Boehm should offer some flexibility for Buffalo, per Beane: “(OL coach) Bobby Johnson was around him in Indianapolis, and spoke highly of him.” (Capaccio)
- Ralph Vacchiano reports that “several sources” believe the Jets prefer Georgia LT Andrew Thomas and Alabama OT Jedrick Wills to Louisville’s Mekhi Becton.
- Vacchiano points out that the Jets could have some benefit by trading down from No. 11 for an offensive tackle if they are not sold on Becton, but they would likely have to stay in the top-15 to land a player like USC’s Austin Jackson.
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News confirms the Jets are unlikely to keep RB Le’Veon Bell through 2021.
- Mehta adds so far there’s no sense of urgency to negotiations with S Jamal Adams.
- NC State DT Larrell Murchison said he has had virtual pre-draft meetings with the Jets. (Daniel Valente)
- Florida EDGE Jonathan Greenard had virtual pre-draft meetings with the Jets. (Melo)
- TCU CB Jeff Gladney has had a virtual pre-draft meeting with the Jets. (Justin Melo)
- Ian Rapoport believes that the Patriots will certainly select at quarterback in the upcoming draft, whether it is in the first round or in one of the middle rounds of the draft.
- Rapoport also says that if a quarterback such as Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa or Utah State’s Jordan Love fell in the draft, New England could possibly be compelled to make a move in order to obtain them.
- Doug Kyed of NESN notes that the Patriots will likely be looking to draft an offensive lineman this year after losing C Ted Karras via free agency, franchise tagging LG Joe Thuney, and losing C David Andrews to blood clots last season.
- Kyed lists a few interior offensive linemen who could fill the Patriots needs including Michigan G/C Cesar Ruiz, Clemson G John Simpson, Temple C Matt Hennessy, Mississippi State C Darryl Williams, Ball State G Danny Pinter, Michigan G Jon Runyan, and Washburn C Kyle Hinton.
- Among receivers the team could consider, Kyed mentions Baylor WR Denzel Mims, Notre Dame WR Chase Claypool, Kentucky WR Lynn Bowden, Florida WR Van Jefferson, Boise State WR John Hightower, Virginia WR Joe Reed, and Kansas State WR Dalton Schoen.
- As for potential tight ends who could wind up in New England, Kyed includes Notre Dame TE Cole Kmet, Dayton TE Adam Trautman, Missouri TE Albert Okwuegbunam, UCLA TE Devin Asiasi, LSU TE Thaddeus Moss, Virginia Tech TE Dalton Keene, and Oregon TE Jacob Breeland.
- Patriots FB Danny Vitale had offseason knee surgery but would be ready for on-field OTAs if they were to occur. (Michael Giardi)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!