- Bills HC Sean McDermott said asked about being open to QB Tyrod Taylor: “I’ve learned in this business at this point in the process to never rule out anything. Except for cutting him, that’s not a part of our plans at this point in time.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- McDermott mentioned that WR Kelvin Benjamin, LT Cordy Glenn and WR Zay Jones are all recovering from offseason surgery, but they should still be ready for OTAs. (Chris Brown)
- Bills GM Brandon Beane said he has had conversations with the agent of free agent DT Kyle Williams but he’s uncertain about whether he’ll return. Beane added that they want to bring him back, “but it takes two.” (Vic Carucci)
- Beane also said that he expects RB LeSean McCoy to be back next season: “I expect LeSean McCoy to be back with us and he’ll be a big part of what we plan on doing in 2018.”
- According to Beane, they’re still open to re-signing CB E.J. Gaines even after they added Vontae Davis this week: “We’re still open to bringing E.J. Gaines back. Signing Vontae does not mean the end of the road for EJ in Buffalo.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- Beane said that he values draft picks a lot and they would need to be convinced they’re getting a great player to move up: “I do like my [draft] picks, you know that. To trade up, it takes a lot. You have to be convinced the guy fits your long-term plan.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are impressed with Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield‘s skillset and have “spoken highly” of him following their interview at the Senior Bowl.
- Although Jackson is unsure whether the team is also enamored with UCLA QB Josh Rosen of Wyoming QB Josh Allen, he believes that there is “some willingness” within the team towards drafting a quarterback with the No. 11 overall pick.
- Even so, Jackson adds that the Dolphins “remain committed” to QB Ryan Tannehill as their 2018 starter and there are other immediate positions of need ahead of the quarterback spot.
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase said that RT Ja’Wuan James is healthy, but said they need to make a decision on him in the next couple of weeks. (Adam Beasley)
- Gase admitted: “I’d love to draft a quarterback every year.” (Adam Beasley)
- Regarding QB Ryan Tannehill and his rehab, Gase said: “Everything’s progressed really well. … He’s a physical freak.” (Adam Beasley)
- Gase also said “Ryan is going to be our starting quarterback and I don’t see that changing anytime soon” before adding that Tannehill wouldn’t have an issue with them drafting a QB. (Adam Beasley)
- Regarding the Jets’ decision to release veteran DL Muhammad Wilkerson (NFLTR), Todd Bowles told reporters that it was “a business decision” not disciplinary related: “I have a lot of love for Mo. I think he has good football ahead of him.” (Tom Pelissero)
- Bowles admits “there is some concern” about WR Robby Anderson after his two recent arrests. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- As for the quarterback position, Bowles said that they “a plan A, B, C, and possibly D” but they don’t necessarily have a preference between a veteran or a young quarterback: “We’re looking for the right fit.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Bowles said OL Brian Winters underwent surgery for a torn abdominal muscle. (Calvin Watkins)
- Jets GM Mike Maccagnan said that he is “excited” about the quarterbacks available in free agency. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Maccagnan added that the team will be “active” on the first day of free agency to acquire “high profile” free agents: “Obviously, we’ll be active on the first day in terms of high profile guys.” (Mike Jurecki)
Patriots free agent WR Danny Amendola mentioned that he “definitely” wants to be back in New England next year.
“I’m a free agent this year, so let’s say — the unknown. We’ll see what happens. I definitely want to be here. To tell you the truth, I don’t want to leave. But it’s a business. I’ve learned that,” Amendola said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.