- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports the Bills also placed a waiver claim for K Chase McLaughlin, but ultimately lost out to the Colts, who had the higher waiver priority.
- Regarding the decision to place a waiver on McLaughlin, Bills HC Sean McDermott told reporters: “It’s just like any position and us continually trying to add players to our team we feel like can help us.” (Sal Capaccio)
Dolphins’ veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick feels he is playing “better now than I’ve ever been” based on his focus and preparation.
“Personally, I feel like I’m better now than I’ve ever been,” said Fitzpatrick, via Aldain Poupart of the team’s official site. “Statistically, whatever, just in terms of what I’m doing and my focus and preparation and going out there with the group that I have and my confidence is at an all-time high just in terms of all that stuff.”
Fitzpatrick said his time with the Dolphins has been a “very positive experience” despite being 3-9 overall.
“I don’t like losing, but in terms of the day-to-day and the effort that we put in from the top down, the coaches to the players to the kitchen staff to the equipment guys, everybody, this is a really good building in terms of all that stuff and the effort and the ‘want to’ is there. I’ve had a very positive experience.”
- According to NJ.com’s Mike Kaye, the Dolphins tried to sign G Sua Opeta off the Eagles’ practice squad before Philadelphia promoted him to the active roster.
- Dolphins claimed DT Zach Sieler off waivers from the Ravens. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins waived OT Isaiah Prince.
- Dolphins placed DB Ken Crawley on waivers after clearing waivers. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins signed DB Montre Hartage to their practice squad.
- Dolphins released DB Xavier Crawford from their practice squad.
- Patriots QB Tom Brady put in a limited practice on Thursday with right elbow and toe injuries.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots also placed a waiver claim for K Chase McLaughlin, but ultimately lost out to the Colts, who had the higher waiver priority.
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell writes that the Patriots trading for Dolphins QB Josh Rosen as a developmental option seems like the kind of move New England loves to make, however, it’s unclear if Miami would trade Rosen within the division.