Home Bills AFC East Notes: Bills, Dolphins, Patriots
- According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, Bills OL Cody Ford had shoulder surgery on Wednesday.
- Ford said on his social media the procedure went “great.”
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have hired Steve Marshall as OL coach.
- ESPN’s Mike Reiss examines Patriots G Joe Thuney‘s potential market in free agency, as the 27-year-old Thuney is one of the better guards in the NFL and is expected to be at least among the top two available this year.
- Reiss points to Jaguars G Andrew Norwell‘s five-year, $66.5 million deal with $30 million guaranteed that he signed in 2018 as a barometer for what Thuney could make.
- Reiss also mentions the Patriots have already extended G Shaq Mason with a five-year, $50 million deal. Former NFL G Damien Woody who left the Patriots in free agency isn’t sure if New England will pay for both: “I just don’t know if he’s going to be in New England’s price range. If he hits the open market, there might be a lot of money he might not be able to turn down.”
- WEEI’s Greg Hill points out, for what it’s worth, that Patriots QB Tom Brady‘s locker has been completely cleaned out and his family has moved to Greenwich, Connecticut.