- Joe Buscaglia writes that while first-round QB Josh Allen had some ups and downs on Saturday, he has been the best quarterback in Bills training camp thus far.
- According to Buscaglia, A.J. McCarron appears to be “playing not to lose the job”, even though he has made a few great throws down the field. On Saturday, McCarron completed 5-of-6 passes, but all of his completions were behind or a few yards behind the line of scrimmage.
- As for QB Nate Peterman, Buscaglia says he’s looked nervous in camp and hasn’t looked like the same player he was during spring workouts.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that first-round QB Sam Darnold‘s absence from training camp is not about offset language being included in his contract, nor is it about bonus money allocation.
- Instead, Rapoport mentions that Darnold’s concerns have to do with the language included in the contract pertaining to his guarantees and how and when they would void.
- This is reportedly something his agency is pushing for, but the team has resisted up to this point.
Patriots WR Julian Edelman said that his four-game suspension is disappointing, but he took responsibility for the situation.
“It’s disappointing with the penalty and the findings,” Edelman said Saturday, via NFL.com. “I’m definitely accountable for that. But ultimately my focus is going out and trying to work my knee, get better each day. It was tough last year. Watching your team go out and play great football without you.”
Tom Brady was asked if he has any reaction to people connecting Edelman’s suspension to his trainer Alex Guerrero, and if he thinks it is fair, to which he responded: “I have no comment. It is just ridiculous. I’m out. See you guys.” (Mike Reiss)