It’s looking more and more likely that Dolphins QB Josh Rosen will head into his third season still looking for a fair shot to prove himself at the NFL level. Since starting three games earlier this season for the Dolphins, Rosen has been relegated back to the bench behind starting QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. Rosen says he’s doing what he can to be ready when he gets another chance.
“I’m just continuing to study and shadowing Fitz, and watching our offense in more games to see how everything plays out,” Rosen said via Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel. “I’m finding all kinds of ways to improve, whether it be [running] scout team cards, or in the film room watching our offense on the field.”
- Dolphins S Steven Parker was fined $28,075 for unnecessary roughness in last week’s game. (Scott Petrak)
- Dolphins promoted S Montre Hartage to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins waived CB Xavier Crawford.
Jets RB Le’Veon Bell is on pace for his worst season since his rookie season. He’s averaging 3.2 yards per carry and hasn’t topped 70 yards rushing in any one game this season. However, Bell says the stats don’t show how well he’s playing.
“This is some of the best football I’ve ever played,” Bell said via Zach Braziller of the New York Post. “I don’t care what the stats say.”
“Any time they call upon me, I make a play,” Bell added. “So this is some of the best football I’ve played in my career.”
Between injuries at quarterback and the offensive line, the instability on offense for the Jets have hurt their ability to use Bell as the multi-faceted offensive weapon he was billed as when he was signed in free agency this offseason. However, Jets HC Adam Gase has unlocked Bell’s potential in the passing game more in recent weeks.
“I love that. That’s something we kind of envisioned at the beginning of the season,” Bell said. “But we had to work through the season, guys in and out of the huddle. Now, we’re in more of a flow. He’s able to move me around a little more because he knows I have a better understanding of the offense and I’ve been putting good football on tape. He’s been trying to find different ways to utilize me besides just in the run game.”
- According to NFL Media’s Michael Giardi, Patriots QB Tom Brady‘s elbow injury that has caused him to appear on the injury report the past two weeks has been an issue bothering him for about a month now.
- The Patriots announced CB Jason McCourty and DL Byron Cowart will miss Sunday night’s game. (Twitter)