- Per the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, Dolphins HC Brian Flores said the team made the decision to make DE Taco Charlton a healthy scratch against the Jets for gameplan reasons, not anything related to discipline.
- Flores added Dolphins WRs DeVante Parker and Albert Wilson were still in the concussion protocol.
- Flores confirmed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick would get the start for the Dolphins this week.
- Per Brian Costello of the New York Post, Jets RB Le’Veon Bell is nearing 100 percent after missing this past game with the flu. He’s no longer contagious and is set to participate in team activities this week.
Following Sunday’s game, Patriots QB Tom Brady had a sizable wrap on his right elbow. However, he downplayed the issue.
“I just got hit right on my elbow,” Brady said, via Pro Football Talk. “It’s fine. It’ll probably be on the injury report, but I’ll be there next Sunday.”
During HBO’s documentary about his relationship with Alabama HC Nick Saban and their status as two of the best football coaches ever, Patriots HC Bill Belichick shed some light into why his relationship with some former assistants who have gone on to other head coaching jobs has turned acrimonious. Both Belichick and Saban are happy for coaches to get other opportunities, they just don’t want them taking more people out the door with them than they have to.
“Yeah, look, I’m happy for the people who have worked hard for me to get opportunities,” Belichick said via Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “And I want to see them build their own program. When they try to tear down our program, that’s kind where the line I feel like gets crossed. Without really talking about it, we’ve always kind of had that kind of respectful relationship.”
- Belichick said of rookie WR N’Keal Harry playing just two snaps yesterday: “N’Keal’s made progress in every area. There’s a lot of ground for him to make up. … He’s making progress, he’s improving, but he’s got a long way to go.” (Zack Cox)
- Patriots K Nick Folk explained what let to his appendectomy surgery last week: “I practiced Wednesday, ran a couple errands after work to get some stuff and then I had to go back to my hotel, and about 7:15 [p.m.] I started getting some stomach pain and by 10:15, I’m driving myself to the hospital. So, it happened pretty quick. It was some of the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life, and I’m just happy I caught it before it burst because at that point they said it would be a long recovery. Just happy that it happened how it happened, but I’m also upset because I missed last week, obviously.” (NESN)