Dolphins LBs coach Frank Bush says Kiko Alonso‘s play last year was “up and down” and he believes the linebacker “can play better.”
“I’d kind of say it was up and down,” Bush said, via the Palm Beach Post. “I was expecting a lot more from him. I’m sure he expected more from me. He did what we thought he should do and he can play better. He can play better in coverage. Some of his tackling was suspect.”
- According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets have taken a “cautious approach” with second-year S Marcus Maye‘s rehab from ankle surgery and are hopeful he will be fully recovered for training camp.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles has “made it clear” that he wants Maye to make “mental improvements” this season and be more vocal calling out defensive assignments on the field.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN considers Julian Edelman, Chris Hogan, Jordan Matthews, and Cordarrelle Patterson to all be locks to the make the Patriots’ 53-man roster.
- According to Reiss, receivers who will enter training camp on the roster bubble for New England include Malcolm Mitchell, Kenny Britt, Phillip Dorsett, Riley McCarron, and Braxton Berrios with Cody Hollister being a long shot to make the team.
- Reiss says that the Patriots project to keep five receivers on the initial 53-man roster and kicking-game considerations will play a major factor in who gets the final spots. This will likely help Patterson and Berrios’ chances of securing roster spots.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!