- The Dolphins will host Old Dominion DE Oshane Ximines for one of their top-30 pre-draft visits. (Barry Jackson)
- Miami will also send a group to Ohio State to work out QB Dwayne Haskins in the case he falls to their pick at No. 13.
- Ohio State WR Johnnie Dixon will compete at Miami’s local pro day on April 5 and meet with the team the night before.
- Houston DT Ed Oliver said the Dolphins were “a little hard on me” during their meeting, and they broke down a lot of film.
Jets’ recently hired HC Adam Gase said the team felt LB C.J. Mosley is a “culture-changer” and the type of player to take “charge in the locker room.”
“We just felt like he was culture-changer,” Gase said, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. “And he was the type of guy that could help really kind of lead that charge in the locker room, where the team building starts the right way. He’s been part of an organization that all of us would say has done things the right way for a long period of time. That culture stayed the same (after Ray Lewis retired), and C.J. was a big reason for that.”
- The NY Daily News’ Manish Mehta says LB Darron Lee‘s four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy triggered forfeiture of some of his guaranteed money.
- Per Mehta, the Jets have likely tried to recoup about a quarter of Lee’s prorated signing bonus.
- Mehta reiterates Lee is on the trading block.
- A league source tells NFL Media’s Michael Giardi the Patriots inquired about nearly every available wide receiver or tight end this offseason, including Antonio Brown and Odell Beckham.
- According to NBC Sports’ Tom Curran, former Patriots LB Jerod Mayo is joining the team as a LB coach.
- Kevin Duffy reports that the Patriots hired former Buccaneers LBs coach Bob Fraser to their coaching staff.