“I have a good feeling for where we want to go and what we need to do,” Bowles said, via ESPN.com. “We’ll sit down and discuss it as a coaching staff and move forward from there.”
“I thought Teddy [Bridgewater] did a good job, as well,” Bowles said. “We’ve got three good quarterbacks. I’ve been saying that.”
- Mike Reiss of ESPN says that a more likely scenario for the Patriots would be for them to sign someone like Brandon LaFell, who previously played for New England back in 2014-15. Although, Reiss admits that he doesn’t see the Patriots making a move unless they suffer another significant injury at receiver.
- Reiss wouldn’t be surprised if the Patriots kept just Chris Hogan, Phillip Dorsett, Cordarrelle Patterson and Matthew Slater on their 53-man roster to open the season.
- Reiss considers Riley McCarron and Braxton Berrios to be “ideal” candidates to end up on the Pats’ practice squad.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN doesn’t see the Patriots signing free agent WR Dez Bryant as being a likely scenario for New England, even with some of the concerns at the position.
- Reiss mentions that the questions with Bryant is whether he fits their system and culture. Reiss believes Bryant would have to make the Patriots a “strong sales pitch” and accept modest compensation for a deal to be a possibility.We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.