Bengals WR A.J. Green‘s future in Cincinnati has been a popular topic in recent months, but he tells Paul Dehner Jr of The Athletic that he’s always appreciated how Larry Fitzgerald has gone about his career with the Cardinals.
“Yeah, you always want that,” Green said. “Nobody will ever value you more than the guys that drafted you. You want to leave a legacy. For him, he is the Arizona Cardinals legend. He can do anything he wants in the state of Arizona and people are going to stay behind him.”
- The Cincinnati Bengals brought in WRs Trenton Irwin (signed to practice squad), DaMarkus Lodge, and Alex Wesley for tryouts on Thursday. (Howard Balzer)
- The Cleveland Browns announced that WR Jarvis Landry returned to practice on Friday after passing through the league’s concussion protocol.
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens said of Landry: “Really glad to have him back. He’s an integral part of this offense. He looked like Jarvis” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jay Glazer writes that Nick Chubb is the Browns’ starting running back even after Kareem Hunt returns from suspension. According to Glazer, “Hunt will be a change of pace or another option but they’re going to ride with Chubb.”
- Jeremy Fowler hears that it’s not looking good for Browns corners Greedy Williams and Denzel Ward to play on Monday. Both are dealing with hamstring injuries.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said safety Brynden Trawick (elbow) is a candidate to be designated to return. (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh said C Matt Skura (knee) has a “real good chance” to start Sunday against Steelers despite not practicing the past two days. (Jamison Hensley)
“Got to get the ball to your best players, and that’s something you look forward to every week in the gameplan, so it’s just an emphasis on my end,” Rudolph said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “JuJu is a team player, and there’s going to be games like that where they might take him away or other guys have to step up and make plays and they did that Monday night. That’s the type of group we have.”
- Smith-Schuster said Friday that he was able to do the “bare minimum” at practice today with his injured toe. He said he’s questionable for Sunday’s game. (Brooke Pryor)