- Per Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Bengals HC Zac Taylor said the team is still working through WR A.J. Green ‘s contract status, but they expect him to be a part of the team in 2020: “We’re still working through that process. He’s a guy that we are excited about being a part of this team. That’s what matters right now … We expect him to be a part of this team.”
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Green as an obvious candidate for the franchise tag.
Brows’ new LBs coach Jason Tarver said he is excited to be back working under DC Joe Woods.
“We were able to finally work together in Oakland in 2014 and got along great,” Tarver said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “We really worked on a deliberate process together that year starting with a whole bunch of new starters and learning each other and turning it into a pretty good defense at the end of the year. Joe’s gone on to great things so that’s been awesome.”
Tarver says Browns HC Kevin Stefanski is being “very deliberate” with who they bring into the organization.
“We’re very excited to be here to build our defense. What’s great about Coach (Kevin) Stefanski and Coach Woods is they’re all about the people. It’s about working with people, they’re very deliberate about how they pick people and how they’re putting this together. I’m very excited to be a part of that.”
- ESPN’s Jamison Hensley writes the Ravens are likely to use the franchise tag on LB Matt Judon. If Judon is designated as a defensive end/outside linebacker, that projects to about $17.8 million, more than half Baltimore’s available cap space.
- From there, Hensley says the Ravens’ two options are to sign Judon to an extension or to trade him to another team like the Seahawks or Falcons for at least a second-round pick.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh will not travel to the NFL Scouting Combine as he recovers from a knee replacement surgery two weeks ago. (Hensley)
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly doesn’t think the Steelers will be a candidate for Redskins TE Jordan Reed, as they have enough health concerns with their current tight ends.
- Kaboly mentions Steelers C B.J. Finney is likely gone in free agency this year, with the Broncos a strong candidate to sign him.
- Kaboly thinks if Steelers RB James Conner can finish the 2020 season healthy, that will help him earn an extension from Pittsburgh in 2021.