- According to Ian Rapoport, the Bengals have spent three hours per week since “mid-March” with presumptive No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow going over “various evaluations, talking football, and some hardcore Xs and Os” in order to get acquainted with each other.
- Rapoport adds that their meetings have “not been an installation session” but the Bengals are using “every second possible to get to know” their likely No. 1 overall pick.
- The Athletic’s Jay Morrison says cornerback is a sneaky need for the Bengals, as the tea leaves point to the team letting CB William Jackson leave in free agency next year.
- However, Morrison doesn’t see the Bengals using a pick on a corner after blitzing the position in free agency unless a player they like falls to the third day.
- Yahoo Sports Charles Robinson said the Vikings have not had any talks with the Browns about a trade for WR Odell Beckham and the receiver isn’t on the block.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter confirmed his reporting was similar to Robinson’s.
- Brown’s chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta put the final bow on the rumors: “It’s completely false.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- DePodesta wouldn’t rule out the Browns moving down from No. 10: “We’re very open-minded, so I wouldn’t put anything past us, but we do have the philosophy that more picks is better in general.” (Nate Ulrich)
- DePodesta added he’s not worried about his expiring contract, saying it will get done after the draft: “Jimmy (Haslam) and I have discussed it. We’re in a great place on it. It just hasn’t seemed to be front-burner material.” (Scott Petrak)
- Per ESPN’s Brooke Pryor, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said his elbow injury has given him more motivation than ever for 2020: “I think it really put a little fire into me, like, ‘This is not the end for me.’ This is now how I’m going out. I’m going to go bust my butt, and I’m going to give it everything I have to just give myself a chance to just come back and try and be better than ever.”
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly writes that defensive line is a sneaky need for the Steelers given the departure of DT Javon Hargrave. He expects Pittsburgh to consider using a mid-round pick on the position.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!