- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler confirms the Bengals and RB Joe Mixon have had “productive” talks regarding a new deal and while nothing is close the coming months are key. 2020 is the final year of Mixon’s rookie deal.
- Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com says that QB Baker Mayfield has invited several teammates to his hometown of Austin, Texas to begin working out prior to the upcoming season.
- Jake Trotter notes that while WR Rashard Higgins, WR Damion Ratley, TE David Njoku, and TE Austin Hooper have joined Mayfield in Austin, WR Odell Beckham Jr. and WR Jarvis Landry are still rehabbing from surgeries this offseason and are not present.
- Browns OL coach Bill Callahan believed during the predraft process that Jedrick Wills could make the switch to left tackle “easily” because of his athleticism. (Scott Petrak)
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger — aptly nicknamed “Big Ben” —has always ranked as one of the NFL’s largest passers. Still, his weight has rarely been a problem despite drawing the occasional barb, and Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said he’s not worried about Roethlisberger being in shape, even coming off a season-ending injury, whenever Pittsburgh comes back to the field.
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly writes that if this were any other year, Steelers fourth-round G Kevin Dotson would have a strong chance to win a starting job by Week 1.