- CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora says official word on potential discipline for RB Kareem Hunt could come as soon as this week.
- La Canfora also says the Browns will likely wait to trade RB Duke Johnson until they know more about Hunt’s status.
- Browns GM John Dorsey would not rule out a potential trade back into the first round. (Nate Ulrich)
- Dorsey also said RB Kareem Hunt has been in the building, but he does not know when a suspension will be handed down from the NFL. (Ulrich)
- The Browns have not ruled out signing S Eric Berry, per Dorsey. (Ulrich)
- While the team will bring in competition, Dorsey did not rule out LB Genard Avery moving into a starting role. (Ulrich)
According to ESPN’s Mike Sando, an NFL executive told him the Chiefs could potentially try to swing a big trade for a pass rusher after losing both LBs Justin Houston and Dee Ford. He said to keep an eye on the Seahawks and DE Frank Clark.
“I can see it because Seattle is in a quandary with Russell [Wilson] in the last year of his deal,” this exec said. “You cannot tag Frank again next year. Are you going to tag him for one year, then let him walk and get a third-round comp pick a year later? Or do you just say, ‘Screw it, we will get something good for him this year and save the cash.'”
- According to Jamison Hensley, QB Robert Griffin is expected to re-sign with the Ravens to back up Lamar Jackson.
- New Cardinals OLB Terrell Suggs said Thursday that the Ravens made him a “handsome” offer but he felt that it was time to leave Baltimore. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Suggs did, however, say that he felt after last season there was an 80 percent chance he would return to Baltimore. (Josh Weinfuss)