- Per Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon-Journal, Browns S Eric Murray is likely to miss Thursday night’s game against the Steelers.
- Browns TE David Njoku says his wrist feels “great” and he’s “very” optimistic he’ll be able to come off injured reserve and play next week. (Jake Trotter)
- Jake Trotter of ESPN confirms that Browns WR Antonio Callaway was benched before Sunday’s for showing up late to the stadium. Callaway was reportedly late in part because he parked in a different lot than usual.
- The Browns worked out wide receiver Cody Thompson on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Browns waived LB Malik Jefferson. (NFLTR)
- The Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec notes that Ravens LB L.J. Fort‘s ability on special teams likely tipped the scales in his favor when the Ravens made signing him to a two-year extension a priority over other pending 2020 free agents.
- Zrebiec adds Baltimore will likely consider making S Brynden Trawick one of their two players to return from injured reserve given his ability on special teams and Baltimore’s struggles there.
- New Ravens DT Domata Peko‘s deal will pay him $1 million for the rest of 2019. (Tom Pelissero)
- The Ravens also worked out Bryan Cox Jr. on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ravens signed DTs Justin Ellis and Domata Peko. (NFLTR)
- Ravens waived CB Cyrus Jones and DE Ufomba Kamalu.
- Ravens placed DL Daylon Mack on injured reserve.
- Ravens activated CB Iman Marshall from injured reserve.
Steelers RB James Conner is planning to make his return from a shoulder injury on Thursday night against the Browns. According to him, he’s healthy enough to play, the only trick will be pain management during the game, which for a position like running back can be difficult. However, Conner says he’ll try not to let it affect him too much.
“It’s not really something I think about,” Conner said via ESPN’s Brooke Pryor. “My running style has got me this far, so I continue to do it. I’m not going to change my game completely. I’m a running back. Things happen.”