- According to Mike Klis, the Broncos shut down their team-headquarters and canceled Friday’s practice after strength and conditioning coach Loren Landow tested positive for COVID-19.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: G Graham Glasgow (foot), RB Melvin Gordon (shoulder), RB Phillip Lindsay (hip), S Trey Marshall (shin)
Regarding Chargers K Michael Badgley missing two field goals in Thursday’s game, HC Anthony Lynn feels that the kicker was beginning to turn the corner after Week 14’s game-winning kick but took a step backward against the Raiders.
“I would love to know what’s going on in his head right now,” Lynn said, via Gilbert Manzano of the OC Register. “I know last week he kicked the game-winner. I thought he got his swag back. I thought he was over the hump and he didn’t kick well today. Just that simple. We’re in a dome and he didn’t kick well today.”
“Pretty crazy experience,” Herbert said. “I grew up watching Marcus. He was my favorite player. Just being from Eugene, I knew that program so well. To be able to play a couple games against him, it’s been really cool just to see him out on the field. It’s everything I’ve ever wanted.”
- Lynn does not think DE Joey Bosa sustained a concussion in Thursday’s game after the defensive end said he “felt fine” following the game. (Gilbert Manzano)
- Herbie Teope points out that Chiefs OL Yasir Durant will likely be the “next man up” at right tackle if Mike Remmers is unable to play after officially being listed as doubtful.
- OUT for Week 15: RB Darwin Thompson (illness), LB Damien Wilson (knee)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 15: T Mike Remmers (back, neck)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: T Eric Fisher (back)
Raiders’ veteran QB Marcus Mariota described his journey back into the lineup in Week 15’s Thursday Night game after going through multiple injuries, surgeries, and confidence issues in his career thus far.
“You know to be truthful, it’s been a long journey,” Mariota said, via Lindsey Wisniewski of NBC Sports. “I’ve been through kind of everything, from injuries to surgeries, to mental lapses, and the confidence thing. I just really appreciate the Raiders and the entire organization for kind of helping me through that. I was trying to kind of find my way again and they gave me an opportunity to take some time, were patient with me and I just appreciate the fact that they were willing to do that.”
Raiders HC Jon Gruden pointed out that their offense had to “change gears” when Derek Carr went down with his groin injury but that Mariota “did a great job” after entering.
“It just shows the kind of player, the kind of football character he has. I mean, our offensive coordinator isn’t here, either,” Gruden said. “You lose Derek and then we changed gears offensively and Marcus came in and did a great job. Really proud of him, I think that this kinda puts an exclamation point on why we signed him. Just wish we could’ve won the game for him.”