Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict says that NFL officials are trying to provoke him, but he needs to react better than he has in the past.
“The refs, they come up to me, talking to me disrespectfully, wanting me to curse back at them, but me cursing back at them isn’t going to help me,” Burfict said, via ESPN.com. “I’m not going to get a flag in my favor next time around, but that’s the way they handle business, I guess. I told [Lewis] I’m just going to try to stay out of the refs’ way.”
Last week, Burfict was ejected for contact with referee Jeff Bergman. However, Burfict says he didn’t do anything worthy of being booted from the game.
“I knew I didn’t do anything bad,” Burfict said. “Obviously, you are not supposed to touch the officials, but I didn’t think I touched him maliciously at all. I pretty much said, ‘Excuse me.‘”
- The Bengals have officially ruled out CB Adam Jones (concussion), LB Kevin Minter (elbow) and DL Pat Sims (calf) for Week 11’s game against the Broncos.
- Cincinnati also lists CB William Jackson (toe) and WR Brandon LaFell (knee) as questionable.
- The Buffalo Bills officially ruled out LT Cordy Glenn (foot/ankle), G John Miller (ankle), and RB Mike Tolbert (hamstring) for Week 11’s game.
- Buffalo also has TE Charles Clay (knee), DE Jerry Hughes (shin/calf), and WR Jordan Matthews (knee) all down as questionable.
- The Broncos officially ruled out TEs A.J. Derby and Jeff Heuerman for Week 11’s game and list WR Cody Latimer and OL Donald Stephenson as questionable.
- Broncos HC Vance Joseph told reporters that he hasn’t decided if Paxton Lynch will be backup QB on Sunday, but they will only have two quarterbacks active. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Denver plans to start Allen Barbre at right again this weekend. (Nicki Jhabvala)