Jim Owczarski and Paul Dehner Jr take a look at some of the Bengals’ free agents and their respective odds of returning for the 2018 season, as another team may be willing to over him more than what Bengals would be willing to risk.
- Interestingly enough, they set TE Tyler Eifert‘s odds of being back in Cincinnati at just 10 percent.
- Another notable free agent for the Bengals is RB Jeremy Hill. However, with Cincinnati investing a second-round pick in Joe Mixon last year, they have his projected return at just one percent.
- The players with the best odds of returning next year, according to the Enquirer, are P Kevin Huber (90 percent), OL Andre Smith (60 percent), and DL Chris Smith (50 percent).
- Bengals owner Mike Brown said in a recent interview that he hopes to re-sign Eifert and Smith. (NFLTR)
- We have Eifert featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- According to Ian Rapoport, LSU RBs coach/assistant HC Tommy Robinson interviewed for the Browns’ RBs coach position.
- Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that former Giants HC Ben McAdoo remains in the running for the Browns’ offensive coordinator position after recently interviewing for the job.
- Rich Cimini writes that while the Jets have the cap room to make a run at signing free agent RB Le’Veon Bell, he doesn’t see this being a serious option for New York.
- Cimini explains that the Steelers will likely franchise Bell for the second straight season if they can’t agree to a long-term extension.
- Beyond that, Bell is reportedly seeking a huge contract and Cimini can’t see Jets GM Mike Maccagnan investing that much in a position that has seen its value decline over the years.
- Even so, Cimini believes the Jets must upgrade the running back position, as they’ll likely release veteran Matt Forte in the coming months.
- We have Bell featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.