- Per ESPN’s Ben Baby, Bengals HC Zac Taylor said he’s not concerned about doing anything in particular to get WR A.J. Green on track, noting they don’t want to force targets: “That’s not a concern for us for A.J. [He] is doing the right things.”
- Taylor doesn’t think Green is washed up, either: “Oh yeah. He comes off the ball. You can see the respect that he gets from the DBs.” (Baby)
- Taylor mentioned DT Geno Atkins is “progressing nicely” and could return to play in Week 5. (Tyler Dragon)
New Browns S Ronnie Harrison said he’s slowly being included in Cleveland’s defensive system but is confident he’ll soon make an impact.
“It’s coming — definitely coming,” Harrison said, via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal. “They’re just trying to work me in slowly, just get me used to the defense, the calls, the verbiage.”
Browns DC Joe Woods said Harrison is quickly learning their defense and they plan to progressively include him more in games.
“It’s just his comfort with the defense,” said Woods. “He’s picking it up pretty fast. He’s very intelligent. It’s really just the game reps and getting him out there because games are a lot different than practice. We do have a plan to get him on the field more and kind of evaluate where he is, and hopefully we can continue to do that and make him more part of our defense.”
Harrison reiterated that he must be patient before earning more playing time and is working toward memorizing the playbook.
“I know I could be out there helping the team making plays. I know what I can do,” said Harrison. “But at the same time, it’s me having to wait and be patient, kind of just wait for my turn, wait for them to call on me, wait until I earn their trust. So that’s really what I’m working on — just trying to get the playbook down, earn their trust, let them know that I know and show that them I’m ready to go make plays.”
- Per BrownsZone.com’s Scott Petrak, Browns HC Kevin Stefanski anticipates TE David Njoku coming off injured reserve this week.
- Stefanski says WR KhaDarel Hodge is week-to-week with a hamstring injury while the team will evaluate DT Larry Ogunjobi‘s oblique injury this week in practice. (Petrak)
- Per ESPN’s Jamison Hensley, Ravens HC John Harbaugh said LT Ronnie Stanley is “very hopeful” he can play in Week 5.
- Harbaugh added DL Derek Wolfe “should be fine” to play and third-round DL Justin Madubuike is “close” to returning.