Bengals S Shawn Williams was suspended one game by the NFL for stepping on a Dolphins player during a fracas in Sunday’s game. NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero says the suspension was upheld by NFL appeals officer Derrick Brooks.
Jay Morrison of The Athletic notes the other fines accrued by Williams during his career include:
- $20,054 for a helmet to helmet hit in 2018
- $10,026 for a hit on QB Andrew Luck which resulted in his ejection in 2018
- $24,309 for spearing and $9,115 for an excessive facemask during the 2016 London game
- $8,681 for a late hit in 2015.
The Browns are on the verge of clinching their first playoff berth since 2002 at 9-3 with four games left to play. Ohio native and Browns RB Kareem Hunt was seven years old when that happened, which makes what Cleveland is on the verge of accomplishing even sweeter.
“Being born and raised here, it is huge. Everybody is happy,” Hunt said via Daryl Ruiter of WKRK. “I have never seen it growing up. To be a part of it means so much to me. I definitely want to just keep rolling and keep winning. It is fun winning. That is the biggest thing.”
- Browns WR Rashard Higgins said if the team has opened extension talks with him, it would be news to him: “Haven’t heard anything from my agent about it yet, I’m going to continue to work, I would love to be here, other than that, I just want to win games.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Per the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens HC John Harbaugh said WR Dez Bryant is taking his surprise positive COVID-19 test as well as can be expected: “I think he’s pretty hurt by it. I think he’s a little stunned by it, surprised that it came up.”
- Harbaugh added that while he didn’t want to speak for Bryant, who was emotional on Twitter Tuesday night, the veteran receiver is still in the team’s plans. (Jamison Hensley)
- Harbaugh mentioned there’s a chance the Ravens get CB Jimmy Smith (groin) back for Monday night’s game against the Browns. (Hensley)