- According to the Athletic’s Mark Kaboly, the Bengals’ defense entered Monday’s game ready to “put some big hits” on WR JuJu Smith-Schuster regardless of his pre-game TikTok video.
- Kaboly adds that Cincinnati still harbored “bad feelings” from when the receiver laid a hard hit on former LB Vontaze Burfict back in 2017.
- Per ESPN’s Ben Baby, Bengals HC Zac Taylor said RB Joe Mixon won’t play this week: “We’ll see about next week.”
- Bengals WR Tyler Boyd is in the concussion protocol. (Baby)
- Taylor told reporters the team will wait to see how QB Brandon Allen‘s knee is doing before making a determination on who starts between him and QB Ryan Finley. (Baby)
Despite having ten tackles, two pass deflections, and recovering an onside kick, Browns’ S Karl Joseph was still unsatisfied with his efforts against the Giants on Sunday night.
“I thought I made some plays to help our team win,” Joseph said, via Scott Petrak of BrownsZone.com. “Hopefully it is not my best game as a Brown. My focus and goal is always to continue to get better every week and keep raising the bar for myself and for our team.”
- Browns S Andrew Sendejo was cleared from the concussion protocol. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns designated S Ronnie Harrison to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Browns promoted G Michael Dunn to their active roster.
- Per the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens HC John Harbaugh said DL Calais Campbell could have played last week against the Jaguars: “Short term and long term, I felt like (holding him out) was the best decision to make.”
- Harbaugh added Campbell is “ready to go” this week against the Giants.
- The Ravens are hosting LB Corey Thompson for a workout. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ravens signed LB James Crawford to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Per ESPN’s Brooke Pryor, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he’s worked all season to make sure his elbow doesn’t wear out and he doesn’t think that’s happening: “Feel fatigue, can’t make the throw. You’ll feel it. I haven’t felt that yet, so I guess that’s a positive.”
- Roethlisberger acknowledges he’s heard the narrative that he’s washed: “I don’t blame them. When you play like poo, you deserve to be talked about like that. … that’s on me, I need to be better.” (Pryor)
- Steelers activated LB Vince Williams from the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Steelers signed TE Kevin Rader to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Steelers released LS Christian Kuntz from their practice squad.