- Per Tony Grossi, Browns HC Kevin Stefanski says S Ronnie Harrison is still undergoing tests on his shoulder. He adds CB Denzel Ward is also unlikely to play this week.
- However, the Browns have cleared FB Andy Janovich to return from the COVID-19 list on Wednesday and DE Myles Garrett should be able to do the same.
- Browns claimed S Tedric Thompson off of waivers from the Chiefs. (NFLTR)
- Browns activated FB Andy Janovich from the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
While the scheduling uncertainty is hard to deal with, Steelers DL Cameron Heyward had no complaints about Pittsburgh’s date with the Ravens being pushed to Tuesday. Short-week games are hard on players, particularly vets like Heyward. And the Steelers already had their bye week eaten up by other COVID-19-related postponements. This gives them a little extra time to rest.
“I needed it, so I’m not going to complain about it,” Heyward said via ESPN’s Brooke Pryor. “We had some guys that had nicks and bruises that could use the rest. Whether it is taking care of your body, spending time with family, getting extra preparation, this is a week we can take advantage of it, so I thought we did that.”
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly writes the cap challenges around the league could make middle-tier free agents the Steelers have, like CB Mike Hilton, OL Matt Feiler and CB Cameron Sutton, more affordable.