- Elise Jesse of Sports Illustrated reports that the Bengals informed OL coach Jim Turner, DL coach Nick Eason, and defensive assistant Gerald Chatman that they will not be retained for the 2021 season.
- According to Jesse, the Bengals are expected to make more changes to their offensive and defensive coaching staves in the coming days.
- Bengals placed DT Mike Daniels on the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Bengals promoted DT Kahlil McKenzie, LB Keandre Jones and CB Winston Rose to their active roster.
Browns’ HC Kevin Stefanski is under the impression that the team has done all that it can in the wake of a COVID-19 outbreak that has affected many within the franchise.
“I think we are where we need to be from a preparation standpoint,” Stefanski said, via Nate Ulrich of The Akron Beacon Journal. “We haven’t missed a beat in the Zoom meetings and the mental aspect of this. We got our work done Wednesday. We got some extra work done today. I’m comfortable with where we are. I gauge [the players’ readiness] through their preparation. They got their work done. Sometimes it was unique how we had to get it done, but I saw them putting in extra work Wednesday, virtual on Thursday, and then they’re getting extra work right now. I’m comfortable with the preparation.”
Stefanski also mentioned his disappointment that the team will once again be without CB Denzel Ward.
“I’m disappointed anytime we’re without any player for really any reason — injury, illness, or otherwise,” Stefanski said. “Wish we had him out there, but I have a ton of faith in the guys who we’re going to put out there. He was out recently, so we know we can win with our guys because I’ve seen it.”
- Browns OL coach Bill Callahan and assistant OL coach Scott Peters will not attend Sunday’s game against the Cowboys due to COVID-19 protocols. (Scott Petrak)
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Network calls Browns’ VP of Football Operations Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as a “sleeper” GM candidate to keep an eye on this offseason.
- Garafolo mentions that Adofo-Mensah has a background in analytics and personnel, and has been involved in all of the Browns’ roster decisions.
- The Cleveland Browns are hosting journeyman C Anthony Fabiano for a visit this week, according to Albert Breer.
- The Steelers ruled out the following players from their Week 17 game against the Browns: DT Cam Heyward, C Maurkice Pouncey, LB T.J. Watt, K Chris Boswell, S Terrell Edmunds, and QB Ben Roethlisberger.
- Steelers placed CB Joe Haden, TE Eric Ebron and OLB Cassius Marsh on the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Steelers promoted OL Anthony Coyle, WR Deon Cain, TE Kevin Rader and K Matthew Wright to their active roster. (NFLTR)