- The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. expects Bengals former sixth-round RB Trayveon Williams to see more than the eight total snaps he had on offense in 2019.
- Dehner also expects Bengals CB William Jackson to rebound in 2020 given it’s a contract year.
- The same is true for Bengals DE Carl Lawson, who has battled injuries after notching a career-high 8.5 sacks as a rookie. Dehner says Lawson’s productivity in other pass-rushing stats besides sacks would make him coveted if he reaches the open market.
- Dehner notes Bengals WR Alex Erickson might be hard-pressed to make the team this year given the intense competition at the back of Cincinnati’s roster.
- While Erickson can return kicks, he’s been passed in that role by DBs Darius Phillips and Brandon Wilson. He’s fighting WRs Auden Tate, Damion Willis and Stanley Morgan for one of the final spots at receiver.
- Josina Anderson confirms the Browns still have TE David Njoku in their plans and believe he can have a great season. However, Njoku has been wanting a trade out of Cleveland for a while.
- NFL Media’s Charley Casserly writes the Browns are expecting first-round OT Jedrick Wills to start on the left side immediately as a rookie, while second-round S Grant Delpit is also viewed as a starter at free safety.
- Some of Cleveland’s key position battles, per Casserly, are at right guard between Wyatt Teller and Drew Forbes, and at strong safety between Karl Joseph and Andrew Sendejo.
- Casserly adds the pecking order at linebacker has yet to be established, with Mack Wilson, Sione Takitaki, B.J. Goodson and third-round rookie Jacob Phillips set to battle for 2-3 starting jobs.
- Casserly says the biggest storyline in 2020 for the Browns is if QB Baker Mayfield will take advantage of all the resources put into making sure he doesn’t continue his sophomore slump.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!