Regarding Bengals OTs Jonah Williams‘ (shoulder) and Cordy Glenn‘s (concussion) injuries, OL coach Jim Turner said he is looking forward to Williams returning but did not elaborate on where Glenn fits in.
“I can’t wait to see him (Williams) play some day. All the veteran players, however that unfolds, that unfolds,” said Turner, via Ben Baby of ESPN. “I’ve gotta wait and see how that happens. I’m very happy with the five guys that I have and I’m going to work with those guys until told differently.”
The Bengals are winless in five tries so far this season and injuries have made the outlook for the rest of the season look bleak. First-year Bengals HC Zac Taylor implored the fans to stick with the team, however.
“I want so badly to succeed,” Taylor said, via Cincinnati.com. “The [fans] who came out, we love the support. We’ve got to put some wins in the win column. I get it. This is every fan base I’ve been around. They want to see wins. They want to see production. We haven’t given it to them yet. They think they’re frustrated. Check our locker room. We’re frustrated. We work so hard for this stuff. It hasn’t come yet. The day that it comes, it’s going to be good times. Hang with us.”
- The Colts tried out several players Saturday, including CBs Adonis Alexander and Lafayette Pitts; TEs Keenen Brown, Ian Bunting, Ben Koyack, Marcus Lucas and Pharoah McKever; WRs Rashard Davis and Maurice Harris and LB Tre Lamar. (Howard Balzer)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey did not travel to Charlotte for Sunday’s game against the Panthers and was in Houston Sunday and Monday seeing a specialist about his back injury. (Ian Rapoport)
- According to ESPN’s Bill Barnwell, while the Jaguars hold most of the leverage with Ramsey given he’s under contract for two more seasons even without the franchise tag, the team could decide to trade him now while his value is high.
- Jacksonville could potentially get two first-round picks from the Chiefs for Ramsey, but Barnwell writes it would likely have to give back a second-round pick in return.
- Other potential candidates for Ramsey include the Ravens and Rams.