- Bengals first-round QB Joe Burrow said during an appearance on “Good Morning America” Friday morning: “I feel great right now. I’m in the best shape of my life. Everybody around the league is preparing like business as usual, like we’re going to be reporting in a couple weeks and getting ready to play.” (Ben Baby)
Ravens’ veteran DL Calais Campbell said he is excited to play for Baltimore and believes they will give him the best opportunity to win a Super Bowl.
“I’m really excited about the opportunity,” said Campbell, via SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I think, you know, this is one of those times where, I’ve been playing football for 12 years and I’ve been close a bunch — you know, I’ve played in what, three championships games, one Super Bowl — but I haven’t been able to win it yet. So, I feel like, this team, as talented as it is, this is probably going to be the best shot I have. And so, my mindset is just embrace it, treat every moment special and make each moment count.”
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly thinks Steelers QB Devlin Hodges has the edge over QB Paxton Lynch for the third quarterback job with no preseason.
- At running back, Kaboly has RB Jaylen Samuels making the team as a fourth running back because the Steelers had big plans for him in 2019 before QB Ben Roethlisberger got hurt.
- Kaboly believes Ryan Switzer and Deon Cain will be battling for the final receiver spot if the Steelers keep just five.
- The top eight offensive linemen for the Steelers are mostly set, per Kaboly, with 2019 seventh-round OL Derwin Gray potentially having the edge for the ninth and final spot.
- At defensive line, Kaboly has former XFL DL Cavon Walker and seventh-round DL Carlos Davis on the outside looking in given how deep Pittsburgh is at the position.
- Kaboly believes the Steelers could sign or trade for an inside linebacker if neither Ulysees Gilbert nor Robert Spillane can lock down a spot. Outside linebacker Tuzar Skipper is also firmly on the roster bubble.
- Kaboly lists Steelers safeties Marcus Allen and Jordan Dangerfield as fourth and fifth on the roster at the position and competing for one spot if Pittsburgh keeps just four.