- Ian Rapoport reports that the Bengals will presumably bring in Rams QB coach Zac Taylor for a follow-up interview this week, but nothing is set up at this point in time.
- Albert Breer has heard Jack Del Rio, John Fox, and Mike Nolan linked to the Bengals as potential defensive coordinator candidates.
- According to Breer, Redskins OL coach Bill Callahan and Raiders QBs coach Brian Callahan have both come up as names to watch for the Bengals’ staff.
- According to Chris Mortensen, Ravens HC John Harbaugh’s extension was accelerated during a high-level annual organizational retreat on Thursday and Friday that included owner Steve Bisciotti.
- Mortensen says that Harbaugh and the Ravens had discussions about the roster, free agency, trading QB Joe Flacco, developing QB Lamar Jackson and the draft.
Titans QB Marcus Mariota said he’s “excited to work with” new offensive coordinator Arthur Smith.
“Art has been steady support since I’ve gotten into the league,” Mariota said, via TitansOnline.com. “It’s been a true blessing to have gotten to know him, and I’m excited to work with him. His ability to consistently get our guys prepared week in and week out has been impressive. I looking forward to watching him in his new role.”
Mariota will now have his fifth offensive coordinator in as many years since entering the NFL.
“Marcus is a smart guy,” Titans GM Jon Robinson said of Mariota having another coordinator to work with. “We’ll work at it. Whatever we ask of him from a studying and learning and terminology standpoint, I am confident that he’ll definitely put the time in to try and be his best.”
- Paul Kuharsky reports that the Titans considered three unnamed external candidates for their offensive coordinator job before deciding to promote Smith on Monday.