- Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News points out that placing C Eric Wood, who is being forced to retire due to a neck injury, on the reserve/retired list before June 1 will result in his cap figure increasing from $8.625 million to $10.39 million.
- However, if the Bills wait until after June 1, they would actually save $400,000.
- It’s clearly a big blow to lose a quality player like Wood, but Carucci says that this does give the Bills sufficient time to find a replacement.
- Some free agents worth watching for the Bills, according to Carucci, include Ryan Jensen (Ravens), Russell Bodine (Bengals) and Weston Richburg (Giants).
- If Buffalo ends up looking to the draft, Bradley Bozeman from Alabama could be an option, considering that he worked with new Bills OC Brian Daboll last season.
According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns are eager to have new offensive coordinator Todd Haley critique the college and pro quarterbacks this offseason.
“He’s a good evaluator,” said new Browns GM John Dorsey of Haley.
- Rich Cimini expects the Jets to add a veteran quarterback in free agency. Cimini can see the Jets have “some degree of interest” in QB Kirk Cousins.
- As for a possible trade for Chiefs QB Alex Smith, Cimini says he isn’t a big fan of the idea and he doesn’t think it would make a lot of sense for the Jets to trade draft picks for a veteran quarterback when they can just sign one in free agency.
- As of now, Cimini thinks the Jets would likely draft Josh Allen over Baker Mayfield because of Allen’s raw talent and the fact that some scouts believe he has the highest ceiling of any quarterback prospect in this year’s draft.